At Butani, we offer an engraving service to personalise your jewellery with a short message, name, initials or memorable date. Our engraved jewellery is the perfect gift for a loved one or a thoughtful way to celebrate a special moment.
Every piece of our fine jewellery is unique, and for technical reasons, there are some items that we cannot engrave.
If you would like an engraving, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order, to confirm if your item can be engraved and with how many characters.
Please note : all personalised jewellery is Final Sale and non-returnable.
Butani jewellery is crafted from the finest materials, including precious metals and gemstones, and is designed to be worn regularly. However, to keep your jewellery in excellent condition for years to come, we recommend the following precautions:
Avoid exposure to soap, fragrance, cosmetics and chemicals to avoid damage to your piece. Do not submerge your piece in water for extended periods. Prolonged exposure to the sun or extreme temperatures can cause damage.
It’s recommended to remove your jewellery before taking part in any activity where an item could become knocked or exposed to harmful substances, such as playing sports, swimming, household cleaning, DIY or gardening.
If your jewellery loses some of its shine over time, we suggest carefully wiping it with a soft, lint-free cloth to restore its brilliance.
Diamonds can be cleaned regularly with lukewarm water mixed with a small amount of pH-neutral liquid soap and a small, soft brush. Rinse your piece thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
Other gemstones should be cleaned only with a soft, lint-free cloth and not submerged in water.
Do not use harsh detergents, bleach or alcohol to clean your jewellery, as this can result in discolouration.
For more advice on cleaning or to enquire about our in-house shining service, please visit one of our boutiques or contact us at email@example.com.
Diamonds are exceptionally hard, which is why they are one of the most beautiful stones and will last for years to come. However, this also means they can scratch other metals and stones, including other diamonds.
It’s therefore essential to store all your Butani jewellery pieces separately from each other, ideally in the original box or a soft fabric pouch, to avoid damage.
Size guide: Rings
Whether you are buying a Butani ring for yourself or as a gift for a loved one, it’s crucial to get the correct size for a flawless fit. We’ve prepared a guide to help you make the right choice.
If you have a Butani ring
Your ring size will be consistent across all Butani collections and will be inscribed on the inner surface of your ring.
If you do not have a Butani ring
We advise you to measure your finger following these steps:
- Take a length of string and wrap it around the base of your finger. We advise you to do this several times at different times of the day, as finger size can vary slightly. Do not measure when it’s very cold, as your finger will be smaller than usual.
- Take a pen and mark the string at the point where the end meets it.
- Measure the piece of string against a ruler to establish a circumference in millimetres.
- Match the closest measurement on our chart below to identify your ring size.
- When a measurement falls between two sizes, we advise selecting the larger size.
If you are buying as a gift
The best way to choose a ring size without measuring the finger is to measure a ring worn by the intended recipient and match the measurement to the closest size on our chart below. It is important to measure a ring with a similar band width to the Butani ring you are purchasing.
Note : If you would like to arrange a professional ring-sizing, we are happy to assist. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or contact your closest Butani boutique.
Size guide: Bracelets
If you have a bracelet
Take a bracelet that fits you correctly, open it, and lay it on a flat surface. With a ruler, measure the length from the clasp to the end of the bracelet in centimetres. Order your bracelet from Butani.com in the size that is closest to this measurement.
If you do not have a bracelet
You can establish your bracelet size by measuring your wrist.
- Take a piece of string and wrap it snugly around your wrist. Use a pen to mark the point on the string where the end meets it. You can also use a flexible tape measure.
- Lay the piece of string on a flat surface and measure it against a ruler to establish a length in centimetres.
- Add 1.5cm to this measurement. This is your bracelet size. If you wish, you can add 1cm to the size for a loose fit, or deduct 1cm from the size for a tighter fit.